INGREDIENTS | Servings 4
|Oil Blend #1||2 tsp.|
|Chicken Thighs, cut into 1" chunks||2/3 lbs|
|Kosher Salt #1||1/3 tsp.|
|Black Pepper #1||1/6 tsp|
|Oil Blend #2||2 tsp.|
|Garlic, minced||2 tsp.|
|Onion, diced||2/3 cup|
|Carrots, diced||2/3 cup|
|Celery, diced||2/3 cup|
|Dried Thyme||1/3 tsp.|
|Chicken Base, Maggi||2.5 tsp|
|Water #1||3 1/3 cup|
|Water #2||2/3 cup|
|Orzo Pasta, uncooked||12 cup|
|Fresh Rosemary||1 sprig|
|Lemon Juice||1 1/3 Tbsp.|
|Fresh Parsley, chopped||1 1/3 Tbsp.|
|Kosher Salt #2||1/3 tsp.|
|Black Pepper #2||1/6 tsp.|
- Heat oil #1 in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Season chicken thighs with salt #1 and pepper #1.
- Add chicken to the stockpot and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add oil #2 to stockpot.
- Add garlic, onion, carrots and celery.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in thyme until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in chicken stock, bay leaves and water; bring to a boil.
- Stir in orzo, rosemary and chicken; reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender, about 10-12 minutes
- Stir in lemon juice and parsley.
- Season with salt #2 and pepper #2, to taste.
- Serve immediately.